Sunday, May 30, 2010

Graduation Weekend

The highlight of my Memorial Day Weekend was my husband's graduation from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. After 4 long years filled with tons of work, memorization, clinical skills challenges, and fond memories, he is now a physician. I can't put into words how proud of him I am. He is a wonderful man, friend, husband, and now doctor.
As I prepare to start chemotherapy after this great weekend, I am thankful to have my own 'live-in' physician to help me with all the ups and downs. He will be able to help me with questions and all the health issues that will go into the side effects of these medicines. This journey will also help him relate to his many future patients and their family members.
This weekend also included time with family and friends. It was great to have my parents, parent-in-laws, grandmother, aunt, sister, and brother-in-law together to celebrate. Jonathan and I also enjoyed catching up with some old friends of his from medical school. We shared many fond memories of our times over the past 4 years. Our weekend also included great meals. The food is absolutely delicious and we highly recommend any of the restaurants in the Lewisburg/White Sulfur, WV area.
We had a great time getting away and celebrating prior to starting the chemotherapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment