Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Welcome to Roanoke!

The movers came and packed our house up on June 10th. We traveled to Roanoke that evening. The drive was long and even longer thanks to me not feeling well. The drive down was the longest I have been in a automobile since my surgery. We eventually made it and had a nice couple of nights at the Roanoke Sheraton.

On June 11th we closed on our house!! Yippee!! I was still very tired from chemo and was unable to help much with preparing the house for the movers to unpack. Once again, I am thankful for a husband that is full of energy. He scrubbed the carpets in the house the night before the movers unpacked. The movers came with our stuff on June 12th and my in-laws arrive later that day to help unpack. That evening we quickly learned that we had no cold water to either of the showers in the house. So, what do you do in a new town where you know no one on a Saturday evening?? We called our realtor who knew a local plumber who was willing to come to our house and fix the problem at a very good rate. (We'll keep his phone number in our back pocket for next time.) The next day we learned that the storm door to the garage was rotted. So, off to Lowe's to buy a new door and all the other supplies for making the house our own home. We've had several days of unloading boxes and putting things were I'd like them. My mother-in-law also surprised us with some nice decorations for our kitchen to match my color scheme of cobalt blue/Santa Fe feel.

After a nice evening out to dinner and trip up to the Roanoke Star tonight, I am preparing to travel back to Huntington tomorrow for my weekly Bleomycin infusion. I'm not eager to go. In fact, I don't really want to go. I'm thankful for in-laws who are willing to drive me to Huntington and bring me back to Roanoke to spend more time at my new house and with my husband. So, off to Huntington in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment