Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cycle 2, Day 3- Halfway point

I'm feeling more of the chemo side effects today. The reflux is back with a vengeance. It doesn't burn like acid reflux. It just refluxes and makes my chest hurt and then I feel nauseous. However, it's not really nausea. I guess it is sorta hard to explain the sensation. I slept through most of chemo today and then came home to have another 2-3 hour nap. Plus, I'll probably head to bed early too. My appetite is going to. I try to eat when I can and I always eat what I want. It sure gives me an appreciation for food. Most of you who know me, know I like to eat. This chemo experience has given me a new appreciation for food. I'm not used to MAKING myself eat.

On a good note, my dad pointed out that today is officially my halfway point!! Yippee!! I'm halfway finished. I'm very thankful to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I give major props to other chemo patients who fight everyday without know when their last day will be. I feel like it is a blessing knowing when my last day is. I will truly celebrate with much thanksgiving on that day.

I have also purchased some ovarian cancer awareness t-shirts this week. I got 2 for myself and I ordered one for my mom. If anyone is interested, please feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to order one for you or point you to the website where I ordered them. I feel like I want to proudly exclaim that I am an ovarian cancer survivor. Many people in the public who see me when I'm out and about assume I have breast cancer. I believe this is because breast cancer is well know. Not many people are aware of ovarian cancer. It is rarer and most women aren't diagnosed until it is in later stages because the symptoms are vague. I had an even rarer form of ovarian cancer that effects younger people and has better survival rates. On a side note, I found a cute mini pin to wear on my lab coat when I go back to work. It says "Cute Bald Chick Fighting Cancer" with a cartoon picture of a woman wearing scrubs and a bald head.

No comments:

Post a Comment