Friday, August 20, 2010

It's Finished

I had my last chemotherapy infusion this past Weds. That means I'm all finished!! YEAH!!! I made it. My gynecology oncologist wants to see me back in 6 weeks for a follow up exam and visit. I'm still on the Coumadin for the blood clot I got in my right arm from the PICC line. He says that he wants to check another ultrasound after the follow up appointment to make sure the clot has gone away. If it has, then he will consider discontinuing the Coumadin. If that happens, then he can release me to try to get pregnant. I'm not in a super hurry to get pregnant, but I am looking forward to knowing that I'm healthy enough to try.

I've had a good couple of days since my last chemotherapy. I've mainly been trying to help around the house and getting my car ready for transferring to a Virginia title and registration. Basically this means that I've been trying to help Jonathan as we sift through this 'water leak' ordeal and working on getting my car inspected. The water leak issue is that we have a leak somewhere between the water meter, which is located right in the middle of our driveway, and our house. Jon is looking into plumbers and options so we can make the most cost effective decision. The water company says we're leaking about 1,000-4,000 gallons per day, and guess who gets to pay for it. Yes, we do! Yippee (note the sarcasm) As for my car, turns out I need a new pipe that connects to the muffler. Tried to take care of it today, but they have to get the part in from somewhere else. So, it ends up that every day I am not scheduled to work I have something else scheduled to take care of.

Otherwise, tomorrow is my first day of work at Carilion. I work 7:30AM-8:30PM. I hope it goes well. It's been a while since I've last worked. I hope all the medical stuff comes back quickly. I'm also hoping that whomever is orienting me does a good job cause this hospital is huge and I don't know where anything is. I have no experience with their electronic medical record. My hope is to basically just shadow tomorrow and see how they do things.

Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. This blog is otherwise now becoming: Life After Chemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment